I set Garth in First--she was off to the races. Popping her head up about 10 feet out, then again closer to us. Char was next, she seemed to take off too, then as we were about to leave she came back to the shore where we stood. She just sat there looking at me. It was the damndest thing. She hung around the shore a while not really knowing what to do so we waited and I tried to encourage her to go to Log. GO TO LOG my friend... go to log. I pet her little foot the way she likes for the last time and then she seemed to take off. Popping her little head up over by Garth further out.
So after 17 years my little friends took off. I only hope that they live a life free of pesky teenagers, snapping turtles or wayward northern pike. I hope they find their new home full of dead fish and smelly rotting crawdads. I'll miss them, and their special amphibious antics.
So long turts, i'll miss you.
1 comment:
Aw! So sad! What prompted this?
And more of the bikini shots wouldn't hurt.
Post a Comment