I've developed some new rules:If a guy uses terms of endearment on you before he's even seen you naked... he may be issue-laden. Baby, sweetheart, gorgeous, you get the gist.
If I haven't slept with you, or in the alternative, you haven't learned my middle name yet, you have zero rights to fight with me. It's an honored position that only honored few are bestowed with. Zip it. Really? You aren't fit to judge me until you've seen me in my birthday suit. Sorry. Nope.
and now The Airing Of Grievances!
If I've apologized. Be big. Accept it. I don't do it often and it's typically very much heartfelt. I'm not a douchebag, I'm just human for crying out loud.
If I've driven home from the holiday vacation early to see you with a car chalk-full of fun, South Dakota novelty gifts just for you, flippin RESPEK, dig?
Men are like soup. Sometimes there's just too much salt, it overpowers the goodness of the soup. Too much... well, well it's just apt to get spit out. Too little, it's boring. (Hansonism)
3 comments:
Amen, sister. Unless it's a hilarious nickname, terms of endearment should be strictly off-limits until some sort of relationship parameters have been set.
Some people, I tell ya.
Maybe my being the son of a charming southerner is an issue but I've seen him endear the christ out of people. The key is a casual sincerity that you don't bust out on everyone. Sometimes it is what it is little cabbage.
Joshua stumps writer AGAIN!
Post a Comment