22.12.08

Christmas Comes Early...

Not because I begged to see my prezzie. Not because I was sick. Not because I make the best Eggies in the planet but because SOMEBODY was so excited he was gonna wet himself if he had to wait one more second to show me that he wasn't dense. Frankly, I was nervous. My history with Christmas man-gifts have thus far been fodder for comedy and heartbreak.

I did have these hints: a) it doesn't have a cord b) it will not assist with anything cooking or cleaning c) won't give me the closest shave; or d) isn't wearable.

Good so far, but I'm still convinced a guy can find a way to offend a girl by the simple act of giving. But my present was there under the dingy comforter on the couch (Boy gift wrap) with a boy who had whipped himself into a gift-giving frenzy, the likes of which haven't been seen since, well I've never seen it really. So I had to go for it. Close my eyes. Rip off the band-aid.

Peeps: I give you Man Gift 2008.
It's a new Merimekko! Best prezzie since Electronic Battleship, circa 1979. And I love this man. And he shall be rewarded for months to come ;)