24.7.08

iHike

I'm not sure what happened here, I think this is mid-way through Hellroaring Creek phase. I'm still a little bear weary at this stage, and didn't really enjoy the sway of the suspension bridge. I'm also guessing that all the Germans loved the sway of my sunglasses tho. Check those things OUT! They're UVBTastic!


Roosevelt Lodge Rocking. This is where we juiced up every morning and juiced down every night.

Lost Creek Trail. Very Bear-a-licious.


This is our Rough Rider Cabin. This felt pretty good after planting it in Chad's Teepee. Squirrel still got a real nice symphony of Hanson Log Sawing. Which had a tendency to keep most wildlife and Germans away.


The swaying bridge again. I'm not sure I like this look. Hey, form over function, I needed blue blockers ok!! But Check out my sweet walking stick, now that's a fashion statement I'd NEVER find myself hesitant to make.

This is Chad and the Squirrel. Before we ate the buffalo.

This is a coyote. We watched him pounce on the ground until he came up with a pesky Prairie Dog and scarfed it down.

This is Chad and the Squirrel again. All is well at the top of the hike.

I believe this is Lost Creek which is a trail behind Roosevelt Lodge.

And this a rare male Elk, taking in a little bit of the Lord.

The painstakingly-place-on-log- try-not-to-tumble-down-mountain, self pic. This was about 1/15 into this hike. It was all downhill from here... um, until we had to hike back up. Which, by the way, according to my ass, was Asstacular.


This is one of many of our views from our hike "in." The Yellowstone river.

This is the Squirrel and I at Hell's Half Acre. Remember Starship Troopers? It was filmed here. This place is totally weird, and totally abandoned. The store is closed and it seems nobody even knows this little geological gem is just a half mile off the road near Powder River, WY.

This picture was taken somewhere, pre-hike. Look how clean I am.

This is in Mammoth. How do YOU travel to the 45th Parallel to enjoy a soak in the Boiling River? Why By Moon Boots, Natch! We were psyched up for our pre-bedtime soak in the boiling river, only to be foiled by a gaggle of pool bogarts. Even amidst the storm, they stood their Hot Spring Ground. We did, however, watch the sun go down while soaking a little (just not in the sweet spot) and witness a pretty cool rainbow.

And I couldn't resist... Grizzly Hanson

2 comments:

BreAnne said...

These pictures actually make me want to go camping...and you know how much I love my hotels!

Stu73 said...

Um, make no mistake Schwing, despite how fabulous and um, fresh I look, the threat of grizz was imminent and there was a lot of finding "just the right log" to set upon to relieve yourself, that being said, despite 15 FiberOne bars... and 18 miles of hiking... nada.