So there's one--this may actually be the whole $75 right there, as I keep my house typically a cool 68 in the summer-- I know, I know... I have allergies! What?
#2. Shower with others -- Hell, shower with me. I might put an ad in Craigs. 7 -10 showers a week would be reduced to like 4.


#3 Spam--I'm already on this. I've developed two tasty Spam and pineapple treats.
#4 Hans Happy Hour -- BYOB. I have to lug around a huge bag for work anyhow, why not stop at the Liquor Store first, fill up. I have a sweet opener on my key chain. Screw you $4.50 beers. I bring my own.
#5 Bedding -- let me sleep at your house. It's closer for me, and you probably are running your central air. I won't be, I'm on the A/C challenge. By way of payback during colder months, sleep with me, I'm a veritable heat rock. Apparently a horrible kisser/spooner, but I'll keep your ass warm.
#6 Shop at Baby Gap--I can actually do this for things like t-shirts and skirts and sweaters. No joke. Half the cost. Get BENT A-DULTS!!!
#7 Go see Cadillac Kolstad and the Flats - - they're nearly always free and their awesome. I'm also willing to bet that if I needed hair wax--which I must to control my Caucasio-fro... i could pet one of them and use it on my hair, you know, in a jam anyhow. Saving me space in my purse and my pocketbook.
Hans needs more ideas....
3 comments:
I think we're all in the same boat. Ang and I are cracking down on our expenses, but we're focusing on eating and drinking out less, ordering in less, etc. Small cocktail parties and a DVD with a handful of friends.
Also, I've started going to the bathroom in the neighbor's yard. Ad it to your list.
You high-falutin' corporate types and your showers... some of us have to hose off in the tub!
I've been thinking about this for a while, and it suddenly dawned on me that we should just revert back to our college days! Some tips you may want to consider from back in the day:
- Hamm's, Natty Ice, or Busch Lite. And don't forget boxed wine.
- A diet of strictly ramen, popcorn, and soup. Coffee to keep your stomach full between meals.
- Diluting. Detergent, milk, whatever you can.
Others not in my college experience:
- Adopt a horse to ride to and from each and every destination. Adoption is cheaper than all-out purchase, and you can strap things to their saddle.
-Wear your skivvies inside out. Double the value! (Gross, but I had to go there)
Things I will not do under any circumstances:
-Limit additions to my lovely shoe collection.
Post a Comment