9.1.08

Ripping the Happy Hour Cord

It's Wednesday. I think one of our resolutions for 08 was to try our best to have a Wednesday Night HH at a new locale, or at least find a few new haunts. As in, places that I we haven’t worn out our welcome with.

That being said, as much as I'd like to try something new... it IS David Bowie's birthday and there IS a firepit at Club Jaeger and it IS Transmission night. All things that make me flitter like a bunny on crack. Best of all . . . we're still welcome there.

But people, I'm at a loss for great new "Screw this Week! Wednesday HH " hereinafter referred to as "STWWHH" locations. Seriously, don't tell me to try some huety-tuety, craptacular place that a) people will stare if don't have my laptop bag with me b) wonder why I'm wearing comfort shoes or c) doesn't have tator tots (willing to negotiate this if they have bar pizza). Also, please don't direct me to thriftyhipster.com. So help me God, I'll smite you.

Here's things we like:

2 4 1's

Hetrosexual bartenders (or in the alternative, gay ones that won't sneer at my obvious fashion statements that they would just find themselves a hair hesitant to make).

Music that does not make me faint. Sorry, but it's super embarrassing when it happens. Really.

2 for 1s...

If they occasionally host Irish people who can play Pogues music that I can sing too... bonus points.

That's it. We're not that picky.

No comments: